Gutters are often an overlooked part of the home since not a lot of people realize how essential they are to the well-being of your property. However, if they are not properly cleaned on a regular basis, they could be causing damage to the foundation of your home.
Want to know what clogged gutters can do to your house if you don’t clean them out each season? Read along for 5 reasons why it’s worth avoiding clogged gutters at all cost:
5 Reasons to Avoid Clogged Gutters:
- Gutters that become clogged by leaves and twigs remain wet for longer and are difficult to blow out. This type of backup creates the perfect environment for molds, pests and birds to make their home.
- Gutters don’t just collect things; they can grow things. All of the seeds carried into them by the wind, watered by the rain, with prime sunshine space.
- Damage to your home caused by blocked gutters may not be covered by your home insurance, which is why it’s important to clean your gutters regularly.
- Homes with badly maintained gutters can suffer from weakened fascia or other damage where water has been allowed to seep or pool.
- Cleaning out your clogged gutters each season will actually save you money in a long run! Regular maintenance means less possibility of needing a new roof due to water or mold damage.
What’s GROWING in your gutters?
Gutters are out of sight, out of mind, but as you can see, they are very important to your home’s health! Let The Dirt Squad come clean your roof and clogged gutters to keep your home healthy for the changing season!