The Dirt Squad is offering residential and community snow removal contracts for the Wilmington, Delaware area. Because we use a combination of plows, shovels and snow blowers, there is not heavy pushed piles of snow crushing landscaping or at the end of your driveway. This will save your lawn from damage and increase traffic safety, since there will eliminate big piles that block visibility when exiting your driveway.
Snow Removal FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
2019 & 2020 Seasonal Rates for covered areas
1 Car Driveway and Walk – $199
2 Car Driveway & Walk – $249
3 Car and Above – Call for Quote
Sidewalks and additional coverage available upon request
WHAT LOCATIONS DO YOU SERVICE?
We serve sections of Wilmington, DE. We utilize a density-based system, so we only sign up new customers if they are in our current area. This way of snow removal ensures quick response times.
Please call or email us to find out if you’re on our service routes.
Why is this different from having my driveway plowed?
We use plows, shovels and snowblowers to quickly and thoroughly clear the snow from your driveway. We don’t push piles back onto your lawn (risking turf damage) and we don’t leave piles at the end of your driveway that block your view of traffic. The snowblowers also have the advantage of handling all amounts of snow from 2”-12” at about the same pace—meaning our rate of service remains mostly unchanged with the severity of the snowstorm. The priority at which we can service your driveway takes all the worry out of the task for you as a homeowner. No more wondering where the plow guy is during those multi-day Nor’easters.
What is a seasonal contract or snow insurance?
The central idea of this snow business is to establish a “fixed” price service to a residential clientele. This allows you to keep your household budgets level from year to year. In order to provide this fixed price we need to fix our costs. We do that by investing in technology (snowblowers used exclusively for this service) and paying our snow guys well. Snow or no snow our costs fluctuate by only a few percent. If we were to offer per visit billing in no snow winters we could not afford our equipment or our crew, and in high snow winters our clients could not afford the rates we would have to charge to cover our equipment expenses incurred in the light snow season. By owning technology that can handle snow in almost any quantity with very little variance in the time it takes to complete the task and paying our operators a good wage we can provide your budget stability in seasons from zero snow to snowmageddon—Remember the last few winters?
How often will my driveway be cleared?
We begin our route at 2″ of snow. We will work with any storm to make sure your driveway is clear when you need it most. There is no favoritism in our routing, simple geography is the deciding factor in how we service your driveways. Increasing the number of driveways in your neighborhood is the best way to insure the fastest service.
What if there are vehicles parked in the way or the city re-plows the street and blocks in our driveway?
When the crew comes to your house they will service as much of the driveway as they can safely access. You must remove all cars and keep them moved until we complete our clearing operation. If the cars remain unmoved we will clear all remaining accessible snow. Should you require additional service when you move the car and you call us, we will charge a $40.00 fee to make this service call and we will perform this work on our schedule. If the town plows the street and banks in your driveway after we have cleared it, simply call our office and we will dispatch a crew to clear the apron of your driveway free of charge included in your contract.
What time will my driveway be cleared?
It all depends on when the storm starts and when it ends. If the snow has stopped falling by 12 AM the driveways will be clear by 7 AM (at least a first pass clear). In the event of a continuous snow storm throughout the day we would pass back through the entire route insuring easy passage back into your drive after work. The snow doesn’t always fit the complete by 12 AM schedule—if it stops snowing at 6 AM we won’t have the driveways cleared by 8 AM—neither will the town have cleared all the neighborhood streets.
Do you have a seasonal snowfall limit? And, what is your policy once this limit is reached?
Yes, our contract will cover you for service up to 48″ (4 Ft) of snow for the season. We reserve the right to invoke a surcharge for accumulations in excess of this limit. The surcharge is a flat rate and represents an amount which is proportionate to the contract amount already charged and the amount of excess accumulation received. Our seasonal snowfall average is 19.5″ as documented by the National Weather Service.
The Dirt Squad subscribes to a paid weather service which documents all weather conditions and winter storms. All snow and ice events, timing & totals are certified by the nation’s leading source for snow & ice verification and are always available when requested.
What discounts can I get?
We offer credits of $25 for every neighbor you refer to us who signs up. Also, if you are a regular house cleaning customer we take 10% off your contract, or 20% off each visit (average driveway clearing without contract is $55)
Are you insured?
Yes, all of our following policies consist of a minimum of 1 Million Dollar coverage: General Liability, Workman’s Compensation, Umbrella, and Automobile..
What methods of payment do you accept?
Check, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover
This covers all plowable snow events over 2” as described by NOAA weather readings from December 1st 2019 to March 15th 2020.
1. Scope of Snow Plowing: The Dirt Squad will plow when 2” of snow has accumulated. This is measured by the contractor at the pavement, not to include drifts. Depending on the time of the snowfall, we attempt to service customers by 7:00 AM or 5:00 PM. often times roadway snow plows fill driveways aprons with excess snow after driveways have been cleared. If this causes a hazard or inconvenience, kindly contact us and we will attempt to clear this within a reasonably agreed upon time frame.
2. Turf Repair. In the event that the contractor damages any turf by snow plowing, the contractor will re-seed the damaged turf in the spring season during the snow and ice maintenance program season in which the turf damage occurred.
3. Property Damage. The owner will report, in writing, any property damage caused by the contractor within 48 hours. The contractor will repair any timely and properly reported property damage in the spring season during the snow and ice management program season in which the property damage occurred. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the contractor will have no obligation, and the owner waives any damages for any property damage not timely and properly reported.
4. Limitation of Liability: The contractor will exercise reasonable care to avoid damage to pavement, curbs, trees and shrubs. However, the contractor is not responsible for any: A) damage to landscaping caused by the piling of snow. B) Damage to items that are snow-covered or not visible. C) Damage caused by equipment when tree, shrub and sidewalk areas are not reasonably delineated due to snow accumulation. D) Personal injuries resulting from slip and fall accidents; and/or E) Acts of God, including but not limited to extraordinary weather conditions.
5. “Event” Defined. Any 24 hour period immediately following completion of plowing, or first plow if new customer.
6. Small Residential Driveway” Defined. Any driveway no larger than 2 car widths wide and three car widths in length
7. Indemnification. The owner shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the contractor, its owners, employees and subcontractors from and against any and all claims, damages, reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses which the contractor incurs as a result of a claim or claims brought by the owner or any third party, arising out of any wrongdoing, negligence and/or breach of contract by the owner alleged or otherwise, or any Act of God, including but not limited to extraordinary weather conditions, that is related, in any manner whatsoever, to the premises or the owner’s involvement with the premises or the services, including but not limited to personal injuries resulting from slip and fall accidents.
8. Life of Agreement: This agreement is valid from the date it is signed until March 15th, 2019
9. Payment: For per visit agreements – Payment due at time of service. For Service CONTRACTS, payment must be made on or before December 10th 219.
• Checks must be made out to The Dirt Squad, or pay by Credit Card over the phone.
• No payments will be invoiced and any additional service will be paid for when service is scheduled.
• A service charge of $30.00 will be charged for any returned check.
10. Hazards: Customer is aware that plowing may not clear their property to bare pavement and that slippery conditions may prevail even after plowing. The Dirt Squad assumes no responsibility for slip and fall accidents or vehicular accidents as a result of this naturally occurring condition.
11. Provision for Default and Cancellation: Either party may terminate this agreement at any time with a 10 day advance written notice. Cancellation date will be the day such notice is received.
There will be No Refunds issued for unused time or services set forth by this agreement.